There was a time when I could go on a 3 hour mountain bike ride and would only need two bottles of water. Even if I ran out of water towards the end of the ride, I would still be fine. Then one day I ran out of water and all of a sudden I felt confused and my fingers and toes started to hurt and curl up uncontrollably. Luckily I made it home and was able to lay down and recover after drinking a lot of water and pickle juice. I had never encountered anything like this before. It turns out I was suffering from heat exhaustion and let me tell you, it is not a pleasant experience. After this, I decided to invest in a hydration pack. I wanted to make sure I would never run out of water on a mountain bike ride ever again. Trust me, heat exhaustion is no laughing matter. After shopping around I decided to go with what I consider to be the best of the best, the Camelbak H.A.W.G. hydration pack. It has plenty of ventilation for comfort and it also carries plenty of water. Thankfully, I should never run out of water again!
If you are in need of an awesome hydration pack, simply click the image below to get your very own.
A great choice for extended backcountry rides, the CamelBak H.A.W.G. NV Mountain Bike Pack hauls enough hydration and gear for over three hours in the saddle. With dual side compression, the load stays stable, no matter what the terrain. This hydration carrier features a Air Director back panel, Mesh Harness enhances ventilation, Independent Suspension and waist harness stabilizes load as you move, secure cargo pocket includes internal organizer, secure bungee Cinch System holds Extra clothing, and includes Slider sternum strap and stowable waistbelt.
- Material: 420D Ubertastic nylon
- Air Director™ back panel with Air
- Mesh harness enhances ventilation
- Independent Suspension™ and waist harness stabilize load as you move
- Secure cargo pocket includes internal organizer
- Pockets: [External] 2 side, 1 front, 1 top; [Internal] 1 hydration
- Secure Bungee Cinch System™ holds extra clothing
- Compression Straps: 4
- Includes Slider sternum strap and stowable waist belt
- Recommended Use: Mountain biking
- Reservoir: 100 oz (3 Liters)
- Cargo 916 cu. in.
- Volume: 1120cu in (18.4L)